Recently a fellow blogger over at It’s Tidy Time commented on my blog to nominate me for a Liebster Award! I wasn’t sure what it was but it turns out it’s a pretty cool way of saying “hey I like your blog, and I’d like to recommend it to my readers!” I’ll take that – thank you It’s Tidy Time! This is how they described it: “The Liebster Award is a promotional and credit-passing program to those bloggers out there and encourages readership and additional followers.”
So these are the rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions you were given
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 500 followers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Tag your nominees and post a comment in their blog so they know they’ve been nominated!
My Answers to the Questions I Was Given:
1. Where do you like to blog?
From my office/craft room. It’s where my desktop PC is so makes sense! It’s my favourite room in the house and a little creative sanctuary. I will use my Samsung Galaxy Tab to keep up with likes/comments and read blogs, but posts are all written here.
2. Who is your main inspiration in life?
Wow, what a hard one to answer. Creatively, I have a few friends that inspire me as they are very creative women. Usually, my projects are made with someone in mind so I try to think what they would like.
3. How do you feel about winter?
Eh, it’s ok. I prefer all of the other seasons pretty much, but don’t hate winter. It can be really pretty.
4. What was the happiest day of your life?
Cliché, but my wedding. Marrying my husband was a pretty awesome thing to do, but we also had such a great time partying with our nearest and dearest. I have so many great memories of our wedding day.
5. Which movie makes you laugh out loud, literally?
Number one comedy has to be The Big Lebowski, closely followed by Fargo. Truth is, I’m a massive Coen Brothers nerd. Anchorman will always make me laugh. My very good friend Elle and I have watched it so, so much. I know all of the lines and still find it hilarious.
6. What’s your favorite candy?
I honestly don’t have much of a sweet tooth, however if you give me something involving honeycomb I will love you forever.
7. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
A cat, as long as I had good, loving owners. Sleeping all day, getting loads of affection but still having freedom to roam? Sign me up.
8. Android or iPhone?I’ve owned both, not sure which I prefer. I like the freedom of the Android but my Samsung Galaxt S3 is sooo slow and glitchy after a year. My iPhone was a bit more reliable but I didn’t like how Apple were like strict parents.
9. What would be your favorite country to visit?
I’d love to go the US for a roadtrip!
10. Coffee or tea?
Both. Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon. (White, one sweetner please)
11. What would your dream retirement scenario look like?
With my husband in a nice house in North Norfolk somewhere. We’d have a safe haven full of guitars, cameras and crafting, a big garden, near the beach….
Apologies if some of you don’t fit the criteria – I couldn’t find your follower figures!
- Goodnight Boutique
- Pans & Needles
- the twisted yarn
- Love, Yesterdays
- Lime Scented
- The Heart Shaped Life
- From Nothing To Laughing
- Hook, yarn and thinker
QUESTIONS TO MY NOMINEES:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What blogs do you enjoy reading?
- What in life brings you the most enjoyment?
- What music is playing through your speakers a lot lately?
- What is your daily routine?
- Best day of your life?
- What is your biggest accomplishment so far?
- What’s one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
- What is the story behind your blog name?
- What does your dream house look like?
- Something useful you have learned lately?